|Born: Monroe, Michigan|
University of Maryland School of Social Work
CB Richard Ellis
Barbara and Alan Anderson
Marianne and Larry Gumbs
|EXHIBITIONS (*One-person show)|
Reflections St. Joseph's College Art Gallery, Brooklyn, NY (SONYA members)|
Represent Brooklyn, TRA Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
Present Global Art Gallery, West Palm Beach, Florida
Diversity Dhakka, Bangladesh sponsored by Art in the Embassies Program
|2011 -||IN PORTRAIT, A group exhibit at Blank Space Gallery, New York City.||2010 -||Word Up, a juried exhibit at St. Joseph's College Gallery, Brooklyn, NY. Catalogue available, presented by SJC Council of the Arts.|
|2008-10 -||SONYA Group Exhibits, TRA Gallery and Classon Walls, Brooklyn, NY.|
|2009 -||One-person show at the Berkeley College Gallery, New York, NY 10017.|
|2006-07 -||Group Exhibit at CB Richard Ellis, New York City, curated by the Lower Manhattan Cultural Center.|
|2006 -||Married to Art, at Gallery of the Bronfman Family Jewish Community Center, Santa Barbara, Calif., Ditte Wolfe, curator|
|2006 -||May 19 - June 15: Here Comes the Bride, Juried show, Woman Made Gallery, 685 N. Milwaukee Ave., Chicago Illinois; Curated by Beate C. Minkovski.|
April 9 - May 7: One person exhibit.
Hudson Opera House, 327 Warren Street, Hudson, NY 12534.
July 10 - August 16: Summer Group Exhibition|
Denise Bibro Fine Art, 529 W. 20th Street, New York, NY 10011.
November 25 - December 20: SMALL IMMENSITIES|
The Painting Center, 52 Greene Street, New York, NY 10013.
|2001 -||CITY RHYTHMS, Pelham Art Center, Pelham, N.Y., Titia Hulst curator.|
|1995 -||*ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES, Gallery 10, Washington, D.C.|
American Ambassador's Residence in Djibouti|
Africa through the Art in the Embassies Program.
LAGRANGE NATIONAL BIENNIAL
Chattahoochee Valley Art Museum, LaGrange, Georgia. Susan Lubowsky, juror.
|1993-98 -||The Emerging Collector, West 123rd Street, NYC.|
|1993 -||FILE PIX, Paul Hancock, curator, Art Initiatives slide file. Tribeca 148 Gallery.|
BODY DOUBLE, La MaMa La Galleria, NYC.|
REFIGURING THE FORM, sponsored by OIA, 101 Wooster, NYC.
Pratt Alumni Show, President's Office Gallery, Brooklyn, NY.
|1991 -||101 Wooster, 3-person show curated by Christine Ritche.|
|1986-87 -||MYTHS AND MAGIC, PS122 and Henry Street Settlement, NYC.|
REAL, SURREAL, Park Avenue Atrium, NYC.
MYTHS AND MAGIC, Rye Free Reading Room, Rye, NY.
EXTENDED FAMILY, Henry Street Settlement, NYC.
|1984 -||ART AGAINST APARTHEID, Columbia University Teacher's College and Hunter College, NYC.|
ART OF NORTHEAST USA, Silvermine Guild for the Arts, New Canaan, Conn. Suzanne Delehanty, juror.|
NOT OUT OF FASHION, The Art Bar at Zippers, NYC.
Juried exhibition, Rye Art Center, Lisa Phillips, juror. Rye, NY.
SEXUALITY IN ART; TWO DECADES FROM A FEMINIST PERSPECTIVE, |
curated by Eunice Golden, Westbeth Gallery #1, NYC.
NEW WAVE SPLASH: IMPACT IN THE VISUAL ARTS, White Plains, New York.
POST-MODERNIST METAPHORS, Horace Brockington, curator, Alternative Museum, NYC and Real Artways, Hartford, Conn..|
HOMEWORK, curated by Harmony Hammond, traveling exhibition organized by Art Referral Service of CAPS:
The Woman's Hall of Fame, Seneca Falls, New York; Syracuse University; Henry Street Settlement, NYC; and SUNY Old Westbury.
EVENTS; ARTISTS INVITE ARTISTS, The New Museum, NYC.
|1980 -||REGALIA, Henry Street Settlement, NYC.|
GARMENT WORKS,, Santa Ana College, Santa Ana, California.|
Group Show, Space Gallery, Los Angeles, California.
FANTASY CLOTHES, FANTASTIC COSTUMES, Arco Center for the Visual Arts, Los Angeles, California.
|1976 -||*Art Rental Gallery, Los Angeles County Museum of Art.|
|1974 -||DRAWING SHOW, Long Beach City College/El Camino College, California.|
|1973 -||DRAWING SHOW, Womanspace Art Gallery, Venice, California.|
- 2010 Paintings are featured in the quarterly journal of Jungian thought, "Psychological Perspectives: Image and Imagination"|
- James Calm, NY ARTS, City Rhythms @ the Pelham Art Center, April 2001.
- William Zimmer, THE NEW YORK TIMES, Catching the Beat of Urban Life, March 2001.
- MENNINGER PERSPECTIVE, illustration, publication, 1997
- DANCE MAGAZINE, illustration, publication, 1996
- ART IN EMBASSIES, Djibouti, catalogue, 1995.
- BODY DOUBLE catalog, 1992.
- Barry D. Miller, Not Out of Fashion, DETAILS Magazine, 1983.
- Marc H. Miller and Tom Wolf, Aspects of Pattern and Decoration, ART NEW YORK video, 1982.
- VIEWS BY WOMEN ARTISTS, catalogue,Women's Caucus for Art. 1982. - HOMEWORK catalogue, traveling exhibition, 1981.
- EVENTS; ARTISTS INVITE ARTISTS catalogue, The New Museum, NYC,1981.
- Joyce Howe, 'Homework' Artists See Feminine Reined In,
- THE VILLAGER, New York City, December, 1981.
- Kay Larson, NEW YORK Magazine, May 1981.
- John Perreault, Clothes Call, THE SOHO NEWS, December 23, 1980.
- Maureen Conner, Form Follows Fashion, ARTFORUM, December 1979.
- Ruth Askey, Garment Works, ARTWEEK, March 4, 1978.
- Carolyn Dyer, Sculpture into Costume. ARTWEEK, January 1977.
- Adelphi University, 1997 Masters in T.E.S.O.L|
- Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, New York, 1960-64. BFA.
- Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, 1959-60.